More and more people are accessing the internet through mobile devices like smartphones and tablets (see our mobile website statistics below). Even the best website design can become cumbersome and frustrating on a mobile device if it’s not optimized for mobile. Mobile web design is a streamlined version of your website that is specifically designed and developed to be accessed on a mobile device like a smartphone or tablet. Unlike mobile apps that users download from an app store, your mobile website will display automatically when users visit your website from a mobile device.
See the dramatic difference between a standard, non-optimized website and a realMobile premier mobile website:
realMobile Website Advantages
- Mobile websites allow pages to load faster on mobile devices so users can get information quickly.
- Mobile websites make your most important information easy to access from a handheld device.
- real Mobile websites are automatically synced with your main website so that the information on your mobile website is always up to date.
- Mobile websites have better SEO (search engine optimization) results; search engines like Google and Bing have different algorithms for mobile websites, so your mobile search results will improve
- Mobile websites are easier to navigate through from a smartphone
- Mobile websites look sleek and professional on mobile devices
Why do I need a mobile website?
- By 2015, mobile internet usage is expected to take over desktop internet usage (Microsoft Tag, 2011)
- 50% of US cellphone users have a smartphone which provides them access to websites (Nielsen, Mobile Insights, Q1 2012)
- 58% of smartphone users look for local information on their mobile devices at least once a week (Think With Google)
- 71% of mobile phone users expect websites to load as quickly on their mobile phones as their desktops (Equation Research 2011)
What is Mobile Web Design?
Keep your brand but make it mobile friendly.
Your mobile website design should reflect your brand and be cohesive with your primary website design. Whether your website was created by our premier web designers or by another web company, Real Time Solutions can create a professional, sleek mobile web design to complement your main website. Our expert web designers will create your mobile website so that it maintains the theme and colors of your original website.
How does it work?
Mobile Web Development
Mobile website development begins by selecting which pages you want to display on your mobile website. Because mobile devices have small screens, scaling down the information you provide on mobile devices helps users find the information they need more quickly. In the next step of mobile web development, our web developers build out the mobile website based on the pages you have selected.
One of the features that makes realMobile the best mobile website option for businesses and organizations is that your mobile site will automatically update to reflect the latest information on your main website. The pages you have selected for the mobile website will always be in sync with their corresponding pages on your main website!
How do I get a mobile website?
Our Mobile Web Design and Development Process
The goal of realMobile is to provide our customers with the best mobile websites. We offer professional, attractive mobile web design combined with dynamic and user-friendly mobile web development. Importantly, we work with you to determine the pages you wish to display on your mobile website, and to decide on the color and theme of the mobile website so that it reflects your brand and your main website. Once the site map and theme have been determined, our expert web developers build out your mobile website and set it up so that mobile users are automatically redirected to the mobile version. This process typically takes one week or less. Once the mobile web development is completed, every time your main website is updated, your mobile website will be updated as well. It's as easy as that! Want more information? Visit our mobile website FAQ page.